Wednesday, September 26, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Busy, Busy, Busy!

Ok, where did the week go? Seriously??! It's already Wednesday night, which means the tomorrow is Thursday (my last day of classes for the week) and then the weekend, in which I am going home for my Grandma's 90th birthday. WHOA.

As of yesterday I have not one, not two, but THREE WIP's on the knitting front, plus some more spindle drawing spinning, a painting, and a new drawing project.  How do I have time for this and stay sane? Really?

First on the list is my Berry-boned wrists, a pattern by a good friend and fellow blogger, Alicia at Woolen Diversions. I started these over the summer with yarn I dyed with berries, but got a bit bored. Well I picked them back up last week and finished the first and started the second! I can't wait to finish them. Looks like I will have lots of extra yarn too!


Then there is my Mom's Millanese Wrap.  This would be so much further if I'd stop casting on other stuff in the process.  Contrary to the shortness of the pattern and the repeats, this pattern likes to mess with me. It's not mindless, that is for sure! It has some issues with the YO's and decreases.  There are already a few mistakes. In fact the reason I haven't picked it up in awhile is cuz of a mistake.....


I didn't think I'd cast on anything new until I finished the Berry-boned Wrists, but then I saw the fall KAL for the High Plains Drifter Shawl on Eveyln's Project: Stash KAL and had to join in! This is such a simple project and I've been loving my shawls/light weight scarves a lot lately, so I can always use another! This is being made with some amazing Malabrigo Sock yarn that Ivy sent me for my birthday last year.  It took a bit of coaxing to use it but I am so glad I am!

I have finally found the motivation to work on my painting, so that is coming a long pretty nicely, but still very slow. I feel like I am playing paint by numbers with it or something.  On the drawing front, I started my new project today and had amazing success. I think the best part is that it will keep me active as well!
For more WIP's check out Tami's Amis!

~Lisa


5 comments:

  1. So many fun projects- you are one busy lady! That berry dyed yarn is scrumptious - the perfect choice for those cute mitts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are knitting even more than me! Some pretty great projects too. I'm excited that you are knitting up the berry dyed yarn, that was quite the adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I like seeing the version with the thumb added. They go pretty quickly once you get in the groove!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy! Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Even if you are just saying Hello, I always love hearing from you :)