Friday, September 7, 2012

FO Friday FINALLY

I hope you all had a great week. For me, it's been an emotional rollercoaster, between boys and art and I just am so ready for the weekend.

Onto the news, which is that I FINALLY finished my socks! YAY! They got to a point last night were I didn't mind the length and so I decided it was time to finish them off.

The pattern was Lacy Ribs Socks from Socks from the Toe Up by Wendy Johnson. I LOVE this book, even though this is my first project from it. All the socks are gorgeous and her instructions are amazing.  I did decide to alter this pattern a bit though: I changed the cuff to a picot edge instead of a ribbed one. You can't fully tell in these photos, or when I wear them,but it seemed like a better fit then doing a different rib pattern onto of an already ribbed pattern.



I love these socks. I have been wearing them all night and they are just airy enough to not make my feet oversweat. I am not sure if it's because they are a tad big, or if it's the yarn.  The yarn I used was Rio De La Plata Yarns Sock Multicolor, which is 100% merino. I love this yarn and if I could get more of it I would. The subtle stripes lend themselves well to this pattern.


Tomorrow will be a very interesting day. I am running a 1 mile fun run in the morning and then exploring Manhattan trials with my (hopefully) soon to be boy-friend (from now on known as stbbf on here).  By the end of the day I will be one worn out 21 year old that's for sure.  But the thing is, I LOVE IT! I have been jogging a lot in the mornings and walking practically everywhere if it won't be dark on the way home. I am in the best shape of my life and I am so happy about it. Now if only I could give up Ice Cream....

~Lisa

6 comments:

  1. These looks SUPER squishy and awesome! Have a fantastic time touring Manhattan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those new socks! I've been wanting to try a picot edge. Such a special finishing touch. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, they did turn out nicely! They look so comfy and snuggly too. I hope you have a wonderful (and exciting?) weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your socks are gorgeous! They look so squishy.I bet they feel great on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great socks, love the picot! Good luck on your hike. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your weekend went well. Of course I had to stop in and comment how wonderful those socks are. Makes me jealous...I just can't seem to get ahold of the whole toe up sock thing.

    ReplyDelete

Even if you are just saying Hello, I always love hearing from you :)