Sunday, July 1, 2012

TdF 2012 and some updates.

Hello blogging world, oh how I missed you!

And I still don't have internet at my apartment, a very long story I don't plan on getting into at this time.

However I am going to share a few things with you today that I am very excited about.

First, after seeing a few more blogs and feeling like I really just want to get back into the knack of spinning for awhile, I have decided to participate in Tour de Fleece 2012. I joined 2 groups, the Rookie group and the Spindler's group. If anyone wants to join me feel free to! I plan to blog quite a bit about this as I go.




To get started, I will be spinning on my lovely merino/tencel blend yarn, which weighs in at 4 oz. The goal for me is to get about .5 oz a day, so in all respects (if I keep up with my goal) I will have it done in 8 days! Wish me luck!


In other news I can't wait to show you all my latest dying endeavors, but all the yarn is still drying and cooling off, so it may be a few days. I also have some other DIY things I want to share. In fact, I am thinking of starting something a bit like WIP Wednesdays for DIY, except I want to call it MIY (Make it Yourself) so that I can do MIY Mondays. If I did this do you think anyone would join in? Would you be interested in seeing what I'm up to in the world of non-knit homemade goodness?

I think that I am going to call it a day for now. Thanks everyone for being so supportive of my lack of internet issues and everything! See you all very soon

~Lisa


4 comments:

  1. I really can't wait to see how that fiber spins up! It is going to be so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that fiber is heavenly-looking!!! What a great choice for TDF! :) And I think MIY Mondays is a great idea. I'd totally join in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the latest dying endeavor...and the fiber after it's spun! My mom's interested in spinning...do you have any ideas where she might find a used spinning wheels? ...and I'd love to see your MIY Mondays...cute name! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my second TDF! I'm in Team Spindlers too...can't wait to see your gorgeous fibre spun up :D

    ReplyDelete

Even if you are just saying Hello, I always love hearing from you :)