Wednesday, June 20, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Am I Just Repeating Myself?

Happy Wednesday! Once again it's that time of the week, which means I get to tell you all about my WIP's. Go figure, it's the same ones as the last few posts :/

The Amari shawl is coming along much faster than I thought it would be at this stage, for I am now only a little over one section away from beginning the lace edging! Oh boy, that will be an adventure! From what I can tell on my KAL, it's a bit wonky to knit.


Honestly, I would show you my top, but I think I've knitted 4 rows since last time, maybe 5, and any photo would look just like the others I've shown. So I'll save that for another day.

On the new project front, I have stopped with the headbands on work breaks and started a hat instead. This isn't just any hat though, it's a charity hat, to be sent to Cephalopodyarns for Afghans for Afghans. Shoelaceswitcher shared the information on her blog a few days ago and I had to get involved! The idea of sending a bit of warmth to someone across the world is such a great idea.  Plus it helps that the group is giving away free Bugga for doing so :)


This is going to be a generic hat, knit from what's left of my Paton's wool combined with some Mochi I had in my stash. I am a bit afraid that the mochi won't last the whole hat, but I think it will look good either way. It's coming a long very fast! But it has to be because it's due by next weekend.

Did I mention that I am finally moving completely this weekend! Eeek! I am so not ready, there is still so much to pack up and move (and I'm a college kid...this is bad). But hopefully once I get to actually living there it will be better.

My future art room...told you I had a lot!

 So I can't wait to share another project I have going, but that's for another day. Until then, have a great week everyone!

And if you want to see more WIP's Wednesdays, check out Tami's Amis

~Lisa

And for today's humor, check out the teaser for Disney/Pixar's new "Monster's University!"

YAY!

8 comments:

  1. ohh good luck with the move, I hope you settle in well. Exciting times.

    That is a great looking hat! and monster university?!! My kids are watching Monsters INC this very second, we love it, how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the movie looks pretty cute.
      And thanks, I am really excited to finish the hat and send it off!

      Delete
  2. Don't worry about repeating, I've been repeating projects for the last three weeks or so. Your projects are so colorful and fun anyway, they are fun to see again and again : )
    I love the hat, it is going to be super pretty! I'm so excited about the art room! Yay! Prepare yourself for the super dyeing/organizing party too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Organizing and dying with you will be EPIC
      and thanks, I love how the hat is looking, but it may be a bit big?

      Delete
  3. Love the colors you picked for your shawl! Very pretty. That movie looks adorable, will def. have to take my daughter to see it :) Good luck on your move, I hope everything goes nice and smooth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the colors too. The yarn, not so much. But can't complain, it's my first.

      Delete
  4. Love all the shades of blue! My kind of project. : )

    ReplyDelete

Even if you are just saying Hello, I always love hearing from you :)