Wednesday, June 6, 2012

(Major) WIP Wednesday!

Hey guys, I'M MOVING!

Don't worry, Wicked Artsy is staying right here, it's just me personally who is about to move into yet another apartment. This time though, it's ALL MINE!

Luckily for me, my leases overlap, so I have time to gradually move in. I took a few boxes of misc. junk over there today, and I realized that this is going to be one MAJOR WIP. And I'm up for it. Take a look!

Future knitting sanctuary (aka living room)

Future dying lab (aka kitchen)

Future art studio!

Future knitting and spinning habitat (aka bedroom)

Future stash storage (aka 'closet')

I am so excited to get creative and just let go with this place, since I can do basically whatever I want with  it. Now I just have to get all my other stuff packed up...

In knitting news, I have 2 things to share today. First up is progress on my Amari shawl, which is coming along nicely, having finally started the lighter blue band.


And the dreaded lace top of doom, which isn't so doom-ish, or dreaded anymore now that I started the lace section. It's just slow going. What you see below is literally like 4 hours and only about 10 rounds.

Hey look, I'm getting better at photos!

I hope everyone's week is going great! Mine is going fast, especially since work consumes 8 hours a day of it!

~Lisa


To see more WIP Wednesday, be sure to visit Tami's Amis!

12 comments:

  1. Good luck with the move. Your new place looks great. Beautiful knitting and I love the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh a blank canvas, how exciting! I hope the move goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, jealous! I can just see all the wool in your new place, it's gonna be amazing! If that was me I'd definately have to buy more yarn to fill it up though :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you with this move! Also if you're still in need of test knitters for your sock pattern I'd love to give it a go. I agree with you and love a worsted weight sock every now and again-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moving is so exciting! You'll have a fresh space and fresh creativity. Good luck getting everything packed and moved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new place! Hubby and I are moving across the country next month, so we're trying to get everything in order. It's a pain, but I know we'll be much happier in our new place :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the fancy new apartment! You have so much space, it is definitely larger than my apartment by far. I'm very excited to see how you decide to decorate and everything! The lace top is really coming along, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I would love to have an art/studio room. Hope the moving goes smoothly and that you don't lose anything in the transit. I always lose at least one thing when I move. And, I love the colors in the dreaded lace of doom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, your apartment looks amazing. And it's HUGE! Color me jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats!! :) Moving can be a hassle, but there's nothing like getting settled in a new place. Your apartment is gorgeous: I LOVE your kitchen countertops! Also, the knitting is looking great. Can't wait to see how the shawl and top turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at that space!!!! Wow - your wardrobe will hold a lot of yarn. Lucky you!!!!
    The dreaded lace top looks like it will be lovely - maybe you'll have it for next summer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with your move! I hope it goes smooth and fast for you. I love redoing rooms and putting my mark on them to make them my own, you are going to have so much fun with it! You will have to post the after photos for us to see :

    ReplyDelete

Even if you are just saying Hello, I always love hearing from you :)