Friday, June 8, 2012

Summertime Sunshine!


Wow. Just Wow.

When I first started this blog I was a weird little college freshman who had just learned to knit and wanted to share my art with the world. I honestly, as most of my fellow bloggers say as well, never thought this would pick up and people would actually WANT to read what I have to say. I truly thank Ravelry for most of my success, as well as my amazing friend Pumpkin Spins, of whom introduced me to several of my regularly followed blogs and many of your regular readers. I really cannot say how much I love reading all your blogs and also receiving all your comments (even though I don't reply to them!)

With that being said, Sarah at Sezzaknits nominating my little are blog for a Sunshine Award. I am so pleased to be able to share this with you all, for you have all made it possible for me to enjoy knitting and art that much more!
So now to the actual award. First the rules:

1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer the 10 questions on your favourite things.
3. Nominate 10 blogs to receive the Sunshine Award and let them know they've been nominated. 
  1. Favourite animal: Cats! To be more specific Snow Leopards
  2. Favourite number: 999
  3. Favourite non-alcoholic drink: Flavored Lemonade, preferably strawberry or raspberry
  4. Facebook or Twitter: Facebook
  5. My passion: ART!
  6. Getting or giving: Giving
  7. Favourite Pattern:Ohhhh geeze...Well, I really enjoyed making Opus Spicatum last year, just because of the color work! But there are so many other great ones out there too!
  8. Favourite day of the week: Sunday
  9. Favourite flower: Tiger Lilly
  10. Favourite country: Scotland (check out last year's trip chronicles if you haven't already!)


Ok, who should I nominate????

A Year at the Wheel -- Because I love you're amazing spinning powers!
Project Stash -- Because I get so much inspiration from your blog!
Fidlstix -- Because you area always willing to help out and leave great comments! And your blog is so sweet too!
Nothing But Knit -- I feel like we are both very similar in our crafting endeavors!
Woolen Diversions -- I love your patterns, and your blog and well yea, everything!
Pumpkin Spins. -- Kinda a given. You made me love blogging!
Rural Purls -- I love that you post about farm life and make me want a cat!
My Sister's Knitter -- She always replies to my comments, is super nice, and I just love her blog and projects!
Misadventures in Craft -- Your ideas make me so inspired!
Create Bella Create -- I am so glad I found your during blog week, because I love your blog and your cute photos of your daughter!

Happy Weekend everyone! I have a very full weekend ahead of me, expect some updates soon!

~Lisa

6 comments:

  1. I really, really wish that there was an easier way to reply to comments so that the person could actually know to read it. It would make exchanges so much more fun. Thank you for nominating me! I don't know where me and my blog would be without your friendship. Also, I had no idea that you like snow leopards, they are really pretty! See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Thanks so much for the nomination :) You are a sweetheart and your blog has been so much fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the nomination! You are so sweet and I love reading your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very flattered - and thank you for the nomination- off to share the share the love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, thank you, I'm very flattered!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for nominating me, Lisa! I'm so honored and flattered! :)

    ReplyDelete

Even if you are just saying Hello, I always love hearing from you :)