Sunday, March 25, 2012

Happy Spring!

Well Spring has just begun here, even though Spring Break has just ended. I spent the last week at home, enjoying the much needed break from the crazyness that is college. Most of my time was spent knitting, and I managed to get quite a bit of work done on my newest project, Spring Green Abalone. I'm already in love with the color changes and I bet I'll have this done by the end of March. (Don't want to give myself a deadline, I have A LOT of school work to catch up on this week, plus Relay stuff...).
All that's left is the back, other side and then sleeves and border!

In other news, as I mentioned, Spring Break was last week. One of the highlights of my week was getting a chance to stitch and bitch with an old high school friend, Ashley. She is very new to knitting, still just doing garter stitch scarves with Hobby Lobby yarn, but it was so much fun to pop in a chick flick and knit and talk about life. I officially am in love with the idea of knitting with my friends.
Ashley is super excited because she finished the first section of color on her scarf!

My family also took a much needed break by taking a weekend break to Wichita, Ks and visiting the zoo. It was really nice because it was such a beautiful day and also a place we used to go every year growing up, but I haven't personally been there in years. It's amazing how many of the things came back to me as we explored, yet many things have changed. I really enjoy visiting zoos and seeing all the animals. It's such a nice way to spend time outside.
Aren't penguins awesome?

In fact, I wish I had gotten a chance to spend more time outside, but the weather had other plans. It rained all week, up until this previous Friday. I finally went outside yesterday and did a bit of knitting while watching my kitties play and chase birds. Sasha makes me laugh so much with her antics. Did I mention she liked to get into my suitcase and leave trails of my underwear from my room to the litter box while I was sleeping? I think it's really cute.
Sasha watching the birds!

With Spring Break coming to a close, I plan to conquer some of my homework, as well as many Relay things (3 weeks till Relay!) this week. Hopefully I'll get some work done on my Abalone, I really want to wear it this spring!

I wanted to thank everyone for the amazing comments on my last post, I have never received that many and I loved reading and responding to them all! I hope you are all having a great start to your Spring!

~Lisa

5 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great break! Hooray! I love, love, love how the sweater is looking, it is going to be super pretty! I'm so glad that you got some Stitch and Bitch time in too : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knitting with friends truly is the best! I'm glad you discovered that! I've found no matter where I go (I've lived in several different cities) there is always a group to join and wonderful people to meet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My spring break just ended too. :( Your sweater looks great so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't get spring breaks anymore. :-( I wish I did. A summer off would be nice too. Enjoy it while you can! :-D The new project is off to a speedy start, I'm confident you'll have it done quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you had a nice, relaxing spring break! It's so wonderful that you got to knit with your friend, and that there's another new knitter in the world! :) I also looooooove how your project is turning out: that yarn is absolutely gorgeous! Looking forward to how your sweater turns out! :)

    ReplyDelete

Even if you are just saying Hello, I always love hearing from you :)