Sunday, April 29, 2012

3KCBWDAY6 - Finding Balance AKA My Current Projects

I'm in a bit of a hurry and since it's the last day, I don't have time to find a list of blogs to share, sorry guys :(

So today is the last day of Knit and Crochet Blog Week, and I really did enjoy reading and posting all week. It was a bit overwhelming but I managed to do it successfully. Congrats to all of those who did the same.

Today we were supposed to talk about balance, as in how we balance our crafts.  I don't crochet, and I really don't plan on ever doing so, but I do both spin and knit and I somehow manage to balance my time between them both.  I don't do each one each day, it's more about what I'm in the mood for. Some days I just want to spin all afternoon, others I just want to knit.

On the knitting front, I am currently finishing up the 2nd of 6 repeats on the cuff of my Springy Orange Socks. I am really excited for these socks. I am doing them 2aat and yet I'm not having any troubles with tangles or the pattern. Overall, I am really proud of these so far and cannot wait to bind them off and wear them!


I feel like lately I haven't been as interested in knitting as I have spinning, so I haven't been balancing the two very much. However I am finding pretty good balance within my spinning, for the Merino/silk blend I am spinning right now is making a beautiful balanced single. I plan to make this a 3-ply when it's done!


What really made me happy was my camel down. I finished it a few weeks ago, just never posted it. I did decide to leave it as a single and after soaking and stretching I managed to make it a very lovely single ply yarn. It will be perfect for some small lacey project later on.


Going back to today's subject of balance, I really think I am doing a good job. Balancing a job, school work (a lot of art studio time!) and somehow finding time to knit, spin or both is a bit of a challenge, but I always seem to pull it out in the end.

I hope you all enjoyed my blog this week. Don't expect another post for a little while, I'm a bit burned out after this.

~Lisa

5 comments:

  1. I would definitely say that you do a great job of balancing everything! The merino/silk is looking amazing and the socks are going to look great when they are done too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're doing an awesome job balancing your fiber life with your school life. When I was in college, I hadn't even learned to knit yet, and I had a hard enough time getting stuff done! :) Your projects look gorgeous - love the new handspun and the delicious orange-y socks! - and I think that cat photo is my favorite yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always impressed with people who spin - and those who are able to balance so much in life! (school, work, and so on). I love the color of the merino/silk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how anyone can balance anything with school. It's so all consuming.
    Your socks are going to be beautiful! I love that color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll find balance - you've got to knit all that gorgeous yarn eventually! Balance isn't about day to day necessarily is it? I hope not.... sometimes it takes a little while to swing from one thing to the other... Lovely start on your socks!

    ReplyDelete

Even if you are just saying Hello, I always love hearing from you :)