Thursday, May 16, 2013

Flying By

Wow, life has really flown by. I haven't updated my blog in 2 weeks !! I don't know if I have ever gone that long. But I haven't had much knitting stuff to talk about, and art stuff has been at a bit of a stand still also. I mean did you guys really want to see the same projects with a few inches added? I didn't think so.

This week has been intense, oddly enough probably my most busiest all semester. I have been working every morning (I usually only work m/w/f) as well as studio. Although I get done with studio by 6, I haven't been home much, as many of my friends are graduating and thus last minute hang outs are in order.

But enough about my social life, I wanted to show you my current projects, since they have all changed quite a bit the last 2 weeks.

Remember the headbands I was making with scraps? Well I finally went through my stash and pulled out all of the bags of yarn that I consider scraps and put them into a different bag. I plan to work my way through this bag all summer, making headbands. I have 3 already! I really like my purple seed stitch one. !!

Salacia is off the needles and on the blocking board! Blocking was a b****-- I think my gauge was a bit off or something-- because it was stretching bigger than the measurements the book said. I have never had to block individual pieces so I hope this works! I am taking it over to Wildflower tonight to have Kennita help me seam it all up. Wish me luck!


When I was going through my stash last weekend I found a bunch of yarn that a fellow knit-nighter gifted me when she moved. Most of it is going to attempt to be de-stashed, but the pink cotton is in the process of becoming a summer tank. Partially improvised from a generic pattern, I am planning to do a colorwork band around the bottom of blue/pink checks (I have 3 skeins of pink, 1 of blue). I am having gauge problems (go figure) though. I casted on last night and it's too big. So I guess I'll be ripping out and cutting back. In an attempt to account for the yarn stretching I think I overdid my math. So I will be starting again! I am excited for this one!!
As the school year comes to a close (2 days!) I am busy working in studio and packing. I got an AMAZING art job back home but it starts Monday already. So I get to spend my weekend cleaning and packing. Ugh.

Happy Thursday!

~Lisa 

HECK YES


5 comments:

  1. Everything looks wonderful!
    Good luck with your job:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salacia is going to be awesome! Can't wait to see it all seamed (and I'm guessing you can't wait either!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now it is official, knitting a tank is your new summer tradition, you always knit a pretty new summer tank every year. Such a great tradition! Good luck with the blocking and seaming, I'm sure they will be able to help you sort out the seaming and it will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pink cotton yarn you're using for your tank! Good luck with packing all your stuff. I'm glad I have two more years before I graduate because I hate good byes. Oh and I'm excited to hear about your summer job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see your finished sweater!

    ReplyDelete

Even if you are just saying Hello, I always love hearing from you :)