Wednesday, November 14, 2012

WIPs, FOs and New Yarn! Oh My!

Happy Wednesday! It's been a weird yet successful week on my end, I hope it's been treating you all the same. :) Today I have so much to share with you I don't even know where to start! It's funny because I feel like I have gotten nothing done on the knitting front lately, and yet here I am showing you all the progress I have made. Isn't it funny how life works out that way sometimes?

I guess I should start with my WIPs, since it is WIP Wednesday after all! I have 2 to share this week, the first of which is my mom's wrap. I hate to admit that this poor thing has been getting the shaft lately. I can't figure out why? Maybe it's the fact that it takes so long to finish one section of the 10 row repeat, or that it isn't really a mindless knit? Or that it's just so big I get bogged down? Either way, I thought I was doing pretty good, and then I read the instructions, which say: "Continue in pattern until work measures 84 inches". Ok, not a big deal, shouldn't take that long, right? Out comes my tape measure and about 1 minute later I'm huffing in frustration. FOURTEEN INCHES! Yup, that's all I have done so far.  Safe to say my mom will be getting this still on the needles at Christmas, and maybe even next Christmas as well.


Now that that is out of my system, let me share you the culprits that helped contribute my lousy 14 inch wrap. First up is my other WIP, which is a cowl made from my 50/50 merino and tencel handspun.  I don't expect to have enough yarn to completely finish the pattern (infinitude scarf), nor do I expect it to be super warm, but it will be gorgeous none-the-less, and lately I've been really into decorative scarves anyways. The more the merrier!



And then there's the headband I showed off last week. Well I finally got some super cute buttons and finished it! Safe to say it's my new favorite of all the headbands I have for winter, and will definitely get worn many times as the weather gets colder. The yarn is Plymouth Yarn Encore Worsted, held double and I love how warm it is!


Just when I thought I didn't need more sock yarn, and believe me, I don't, I caved this past weekend and picked up a skein of Berroco Comfort Sock, 50/50 Acrylic and Nylon.  It feels sooo squishy and the color choices were so pretty. I couldn't decide between this one, the orange one, or the more denim blue, but this one ended up winning. And guess what? IT STRIPES! YAY! I will finally have a pair of striped socks when I break down and cast on.



Whew! That was a mouthful. I really hope you all enjoyed reading about my adventures as much as I enjoyed writing about them.  There is something really freeing about letting it all out in a blog.  Have a great week friends!

~Lisa



4 comments:

  1. You have so much knitting going on right now! You just have so much creative energy, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My word, you have been busy! Love the headband :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks great! You'll get your mother's wrap done eventually. It's probably one of those projects that every time you measure it's the same and then suddenly you've gone over by an inch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh god that wrap is going to take forever!! It'll be super nice, though. And your handspun is so shiny and gorgeous. And I love the flower on your headband!

    ReplyDelete

Even if you are just saying Hello, I always love hearing from you :)