Friday, November 30, 2012

FO Friday: Spin to Knit Success!!

Happy Friday everyone! It's been one heck of a stressful week,and next week will be worse. I'll spare you the story of me and my art troubles though and let you hear something more pleasant.

I just realized I never showed you all my lovely golden cowl that I finished at the beginning of my Thanksgiving break.

You may all remember this lovely yarn I spun up during Tour de Fleece last summer, from a 50/50 Merino and Tencel blend.


It's definitely my favorite and most proud handspun, and I couldn't let it sit in my stash for long! But what do you do with 110 yards?? Not much, that's for sure. So I started hunting for patterns and decided a cowl/infinity scarf would be my best bet, and that whatever it was it would be pretty skinny and more decorative than anything. 

Eventually I decided on the Infinitude Scarf, and figured it was my best bet for this yarn. Super basic and easily adjustable to my yardage. I decided to make the small size, and  changed the ribbing to 10 rounds instead of the 15 it calls for. From there I just worked the pattern until I ran out of yarn. I think I got about half as many repeats as it called for. 



 When I first started working on this, I wasn't sure if it would be warm or not because of the huge amount of Tencel in the yarn, which made it really slick.  But it has quickly become a favorite accessory of mine! I love having something I can just throw over my neck and the way it curls and twists is so fun too. I don't even mind that the back side tends to make an appearance quite a bit -- it looks pretty too. I think it's the yarn :) This is probably my best spin - to - knit project to date, that's for sure!

Well I hope the weekend treats you all well. I'll be in studio for most of it. Everything is due in a week and a half; YIKES!

~Lisa

For more FO's Check out Tami's Amis!


4 comments:

  1. Lovely yarn perfect for the scarf you made. You are the third one I visit at Tami's who shows handspun wool. This must mean something; I should get my spinning wheel ready ... nopefully my neighbour will teach me how to spin. :-) Have a nice weekend. Regula

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is definitely yarn to be proud of, you did such a wonderful job and I am so glad that you knitted it up because now you can enjoy it even more! The finished project looks so natural with the twisting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for knitting handspun! It looks great. I almost have some sort of cowl on, it helps so much to have your next covered when you are chilly but don't want a lot of bulk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your lovely cowl! Knitting with handspun is the best, isn't it? And that merino/Tencel yarn is seriously gorgeous. :) Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete

Even if you are just saying Hello, I always love hearing from you :)