Friday, November 9, 2012

FO Friday: Headband Hubbabaloo!

You will never believe how hard it was to come up with a catchy title!

Hi everyone, hope you all had a great week! I know I did. Between a painting that is finally going right, some great news regarding my spindle drawings and a painting society show, and just feeling really good about the way my diet is going, this has been one heck of a week! Oh and I finished some projects!

You can probably guess by the name of today's post, I have been crazy busy making headbands lately, and thus I have finished quite a few.

First, I finished up all of the handspun headbands I plan to sell next week at a craft show for Relay. Ten in all, and all are simply gorgeous!

I'm thinking between $15 and $20 for each, is that too high? How much would you pay? Which is your favorite!? I really like them all :)

Next on my list of headbands is the Ribboned Headband I made to match my Berry-boned wrists that I finished back in August. At first I hated this project, because it was curling and tedious and annoying and well yea. But now that it's done, and blocked, I LOVE it. And it keeps my ears super warm!

Excuse the bad lighting, once again my camera hates me!

Finally, I have another one that I started for myself. After finishing up the ones for the sale, I wanted one similar to those for me and decided to stash dive. I cam out with one of 3 skeins of Plymouth Encore Worsted and decided to cast on. I am loving the color, which has flecks of pink and blues in it and how warm I know it will be! I can't wait to get this bad boy done.


Just to humor you guys, I'll share a photo of my painting in progress too, which is in the very rough stages, so ignore the mess :) I am still loving this more than any other I've done this semester, simply because it's in oils!



Happy Friday, and for more FO's, check out Tami's Amis!

~Lisa




6 comments:

  1. Gosh you have been busy! Good luck selling your headbands, they look great! And your painting is awesome, I love the texture in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Those are beautiful! I think that $20 is perfectly reasonable considering they are so pretty and for charity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous painting and fun, colorful headbands! There's actually a formula people use to figure out how much to charge for those kinds of things. Basically, it's the cost of the yarn + anywhere between 10 cents to 25 cents per yard it took to knit, depending on complexity. So, if each of those is around 100 yards, 10 cents a yard brings you to about $10 plus maybe $6 (or whatever) for the yarn, the $15-$20 range sounds about right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a great week! I love a week filled with artsy/craftsy activities.

    The headbands are beautiful. As for price, I'm terrible at pricing my own work. I think $20 is reasonable, but a lot depends on the market. Will people pay that?

    Thanks for sharing the painting. It is off to a beautiful start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The headbands are beautiful! I think you did a great job with the title of your post. They are always the hardest part of posting for me so I end up with something lame.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your headbands look amazing, Lisa! I think $20 is a very reasonable price considering how pretty and unique they are. Hopefully the sale went well! :)

    ReplyDelete

Even if you are just saying Hello, I always love hearing from you :)