Monday, January 23, 2017

of Tea and Knitting

What a lovely week it has been down here in Texas.  With my show up and running I've finally been able to catch up on everything else that is happening in my life.  I've managed to get back on track with Knitting Guild affairs as well as teaching things.  And I even started a new painting!  

But the most significant is the amount of knitting I have managed to get done in the last few weeks.  Maybe too much? (is there really too much?).

The yarn of choice right now is this skein of Cascade Heritage Paints Fingering, perfect for socks with just enough nylon to make it nice and springy.  Given to me as a gift from my Secret Santa in the guild two years ago, it's knitting up very nicely into a pair of sock.



The socks are "My Cup of Tea" which is a knit-along my local yarn shop is hosting through the end of February.  What a fantastic way to spend the winter months! Knitting along with several of my other knitting ladies, I have already finished the first sock and am half way down the calf of the second.  The yarn itself is much more green then expected - in a skein it looked very very violet.  I'm really happy with how it's striping though, so no complaints here.



Knitting and tea seem to go hand-in-hand these days, so why not attend a "Mad Hatter Tea Party"?  My LYS hosted one this past weekend, where we got to sample three different teas that the local wool mill sells.  Along with pastries made by a fellow knitter and yummy sandwiches, there were no complaints! 

How have you spent your January so far? Between knitting and art, it seems to be flying by!
~Lisa 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Even if you are just saying Hello, I always love hearing from you :)