Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I've Got a New Hobby...

This is seriously the worst time to get obsessed with something, but sadly, I have become crazy obsessed with making stitch markers for knitting. First it was just for me, an excuse to use some leftover beads from Scotland and then I found all the French ones Linda got me years ago, and well now I'm hooked. I've already bought tons of crimping beads, pliers, wire etc. I can't get enough! I need to find something to do with them all though! I wonder if Etsy would even be worth my time?

The problem is is that I know I don't have the time to be doing stuff like this, and I know I'd rather be knitting, but I just can't help it! I do these so much lately! School is getting way harder, and I'm getting myself in way deeper. Ugh. How do I pull myself out?

Here are a few sets I've made, in order from early (as in not as good) to more recent (as in...amazing and more time consuming to make). I have a ton more sets, I just haven't photographed them all.





Potential uses: Myself, gifts for knitters I know, sell at Etsy/farmers market, RAK's on Ravelry....hmmm so many options.

Who'd have thought making stitch markers would be so obsessive. Not as meditative as knitting though, which is why I should just pick up my sticks. and knit...

Oh and to those of you who don't know, my birthday is only a little over a week away :) Just thought I'd mention that, because I'm really excited to be 21 finally!

~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Even if you are just saying Hello, I always love hearing from you :)