Monday, October 24, 2011

And Now a Word From Our Sponsors....

This blog is brought to you by Relay For Life of Kansas State.

Ok not really, but sort of. In case you haven't seen the cute little badge on the right, I am involved (once again) with Relay For Life. It's my guilty passion, my worthy cause, my excuse to give something back to my community, my...ok you get the point. I am involved both in the committee and also on a team, and the main goal is to raise money for cancer and then 'celebrate' in April. It's kind of a big deal.

So last year I was trying to think of ways to raise money for it. I had this idea to set up at Farmer's Market, and sell dish cloths (Because cotton for them is super cheap). I was going to do it last summer, but that didn't happen, so the goal is this coming summer. Below are just a few of the ones I've made for it so far. I'll probably sell other things at the table also, but dish cloths are the main focus right now.



My other idea is to sell stitch markers. I've been making them like crazy, a new obsession of mine actually, and it's a good excuse to use all these beads I've had forever. The extra stuff is pretty cheap, so it's an easy fundraiser. The issue right now is that I have no real venue to sell them-- farmer's market next year won't yield a lot because not everyone is a knitter. I have Etsy set up, but I have no bites so far. I'm considering asking my LYS if I can sell them there for partial profits, but I don't know if she will go for that. Here are a couple of examples of what I've been making.



Are you an avid knitter? Do you know someone who is? Then you should click HERE and check out my cute markers, a pure delight for any knitter, guaranteed to be snag free! Ok that was probably a little much, but anyways, pass the word on to everyone you know who's a knitter :)

Or if you don't knit, but want to donate to the amazing cause, click the badge below (or to the right of the page also).


And we will now return you to you're regularly scheduled blog post.

'Til later!

~Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment

Even if you are just saying Hello, I always love hearing from you :)