Saturday, May 26, 2012

Saturday Evening Book Review #2

I am really excited to share this weeks books with you all, they are both really fun books that I truly enjoyed reading this past week. So without further ado, here is this week's Saturday Evening Book Review!


Weekend Knitting, by Melanie Falick


Likes: 

  • As the name says, all the patterns are finish able within a weekend or two.
  • The author added extra sections throughout with fun ideas for weekends and knitting. Some examples: Knitting in literature, in films, recipes and more!
  • All the photos are beautiful


Dislikes:

  • There are a few projects that seems impractical, but it probably depends on the person who is knitting


Overall, I really like this book, it is one I would probably invest in if given the chance.

Patterns I like:




Custom Knits, by Wendy Bernard

Likes: 
  • Includes instructions to create your own sweaters! 
  • Has patterns and ideas for ways to alter it.
  • In the intro,the author says she likes sweaters in the round, and therefore all the patterns are worked as such
  • INCLUDES INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE YOUR OWN! (really like this :D )


Dislikes:
  • Some of the alterations don't make a lot of sense
  • I wish it had instructions for tank tops.


My aunt gave me this book and said keep it as long as I need it, so honestly, she will probably never see it again! In general, I really like this book and the author is really straight forward.

Favorite Patterns:
  1. Essential Tank
  2. Jane
  3. Jewel
  4. Paradise Beach Cover Up
  5. Skinny Empire


That's it for this week's books! I have 2 new projects I can't wait to share with you in the coming weeks as well as some spinning. Finally, I have a question for you guys. Do you ever check back to blogs to see if the author replied to comments you left? I hardly ever reply because I don't think anyone checks to see if I did. But if I know you are checking, I will reply more. I know that I only check for replies on blogs that I know the author usually does so.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend, and those in the states enjoy their (hopefully) Monday off! I will be knitting :)

~Lisa

I keep forgetting kitty pictures, I'll get better I swear!



3 comments:

  1. I'm picturing you hanging out on Saturday night with some relaxing knitting and some great books. Custom Knits looks like a great book, I'm going to have to take a look. I'm really, really looking forward to hanging out with you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fab Saturday night :)
    I've had my eye on the Custom Knits book for a while - lovely to get it on permanent loan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to always reply to comments on my blog, but I don't often check back on whether anybody responded to one of my comments on their posts. I will occasionally check back if the comment I left was more than just a "Oooh, pretty!" type comment, though.

    ReplyDelete

Even if you are just saying Hello, I always love hearing from you :)