Saturday, August 7, 2010

Bead loom bracelets

Hey! It's been awhile since I posted anything, so I figured I should.

Besides knitting, I also really enjoy using my BEAD LOOM! I am obsessed, which stinks because it takes forever to make anything on it XD Below are some of the projects I've made in the last 3ish years.


My most recent, with more experimentation. This thing took seriously, 20 + hours to complete (finishing and all). I wanted to try a new hook technique since regular clasps never seem to work well, and so I stumbled upon this. I wove all the ends in, then sewed felt to the back, then used embrodery floss, braided it, and sewed it to the sides. I then made bead balls on one end, and loops with the braided floss on the other. It actually worked really well, and I'm so proud of it!



This was one of the first I made on my bead loom that I got for Christmas 2 years ago (already??) This was also the first I experimented with on the felt technique (Which I love). To do the felt technique, simply complete the work, then weave in the weft strings, and then sew a piece of felt or material to the back to keep everything in place.


This is a very old bracelet (One of my firsts) made on a cardboard loom. It's the Danny Phantom logo. I recently went back and redid the hook and put felt on the back.




This is my Christmas time bracelet. It's Christmas lights. Also made on cardboard and before I knew how to weave in the weft strings.


This is one of the first one's I made before I even had a loom and was using cardboard. I actually still wear this one, even though it's not finshed very well.

Super old bracelet I did a LONG time ago on cardboard loom. All the beads were kinda different sizes so it wasn't the best, and it was too long so the hook got messed up XD I really like the colors and pattern though, so I may remake it someday.



So. I think I'm going to post some of my patterns on here too because all of these were created on my own, not from someone else's pattern.

~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Even if you are just saying Hello, I always love hearing from you :)