Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017: The Year That Was...

2017: The Year That Was...

1) The start of a new tradition: knitting journals.


Gifted from a fellow knitter, I have spent the year chronicling every project I worked on and cannot wait to do it again in 2018.  I just wish I didn't have to retire this really nice journal.


2) An (almost) successful attempt at keeping my feet forever warm.

You can see all my projects here!

I am happy to report that I finished 11.25 pairs of socks.  The December pair is still on sock one, as I just cannot speed up those cables.  But I plan to finish them by the end of January, which was when I declared the goal to begin with, so that counts, right? 

3) A major inspiration in my painting world.


With these beauties being my most successful to date (although I am kinda sick of looking at them), I feel like my art is going in a new direction and cannot wait to see how 2018 goes!
(Also, I recently sold the Originals!)

4) The start of many new and exciting things.


I cannot believe I only started this dye journey in March! It feels like I have been doing it for so much longer.  But I guess when you find something you love, time seems to fly.  I have truly enjoyed this new endeavor and cannot wait to introduce my new colors (last 2 on right) and new ideas in 2018!

I have two shows coming up already! One in March and one in June.  I cannot wait, but that means more work for me...

--

What else can I say? I went through and re-read all of my posts from this year and am very impressed with myself on how consistent I was and my ability to share what was happening.  Thank you to everyone who read and commented this year, it always means so much to know someone is listening.

I'm leaving you all with this song, which is from a movie I saw last week.  The lyrics are stuck in my head and are very inspirational for me as an artist.

Bring on 2018!


~Lisa




3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, dear Lisa! I am so impressed with your dyeing skills - I really think this is such a great way to combine your artist and knitter skills in one project! I am sure it is just a beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fell off the knitting notebook train but I do have a notebook and this inspires me to get back to it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should. It really can be such an inspiration. You don't even have to write "important" notes, but little fun thinks. ie: I finished 8 rows on this day while enjoying brunch with friends.

      Delete

Even if you are just saying Hello, I always love hearing from you :)