Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Dye Pot [Attempt Three]

I'm updating from my iPad today, as my computer Is in the shop due to a stupid move on my part.  I just couldn't miss a week blogging when I've been so good this year. So please ignore any typos and the non-formatted images. 

I've been dying again. This time the focus is on "Fallen Moon Drops", a painting from 2014. I love the violets and knew this would be a good seller when the time came.  


I've tested it before and had very little luck with the violets and blues. As this painting was sold I haven't actually seen in person for awhile and for some crazy reason thought there was more teal in it, even tho the above photo is very accurate. Luckily I borrowed the painting back and finally figured out the colors. 



Using a beautiful violet watercolor paired with a fuscia watercolor and a sky blue food coloring (NOT TEAL!)  I did a couple of practice mini skeins yesterday. To my delight both turns out nice. 



The one on the left is a closer match, as the one on the right still has too much yellow. I'm thinking g the the yellow will really just have to be small drops of I don't want it taking over. But I love my blues and purples. And is r it crazy how the way you twist a skein can really affect the impact? I love how the skei stripes on the right just because of how I twisted it. 



I Am also working on a shawl design for the color way I have figured out. "Morning garden stream". It's asymmetrical and has some fun stitch variation. I can't wait to ha e it done and ready to send to testers. 

--- 

Summer is here so Im hoping to get lots of progress I. On this dye endeavor, plus lots of knitting and painting. Anyone have any fun plans? 

~Lisa




1 comment:

  1. Love that you are creating a special pattern to match your yarn! It makes it even more personal!

    ReplyDelete

Even if you are just saying Hello, I always love hearing from you :)