Sunday, October 18, 2015

Back on the Blog

Well friends, it has been almost two months since I touched my blog.  I have had so many things happening that it's just been hard to really want to sit down and share.  But this blog has been on my mind more and more lately, and I have decided to give it another go.  

Taking after my friend and fellow blogger, MySistersKnitter, I am going to try to do a once a week (hopefully Sunday) update, starting today.

Now I can't share EVERYTHING with you all, as that would be boring and take forever! So I'm going to share the highlights of the last couple of months with you instead. 

Best friend Rachel from Kansas visiting in early September. We were able to go to Galveston island as well as a Kelly Clarkson Concert :) 

The end of September brought an art fair that I was given a chance to vend at. It was a pretty successful weekend.


\
One epic FO. I was finally able to make my tree ideas come true thanks to Stephanie at WC Mercantile.  For the month of October my giant trees are inhabiting her window.  These trees are made of layered cardboard wrapped in fabric with knitted balls on the branches. Not the most sturdy, but I am happy with the result. 

The Hill Country Yarn Crawl happened last weekend. I went with my knit group and we hit 6 of the 14 shops in one day. From top left clockwise my purchases:
The Knitted Wit in Velvet Elvis
Manos del Uruguay Lace (to go with the free shop pattern)
A cute wooden loom with the yarn shop's logo on it and some new cables for my interchangables
Shibui Silk cloud (gray) and Shibui Staccato (Black) for the shop's free pattern
Lovely merino that will be spun into something amazing.
Not pictured - 2 skeins of Malabrigo Sock from my own LYS. 

(Each shop offered a free knit and a free crochet pattern with the yarn for it being on sale!)

Starting another easy top. Lucente by Kennita Tully (a friend/designer/my former Manhattan, KS LYS owner) Super easy pattern and love these colors. 

Fall has at last arrived in TX and I am enjoying my back patio!


Want to see more of what I've been up to, including some finished knit projects? Check out my Instagram, Facebook and Ravelry.

Hope you all have a wonderful week.  My Birthday is on Wednesday (the big 2-5!!!!) and I plan to celebrate all week :P

~Lisa



4 comments:

  1. Welcome back! It is great to hear from you.
    As always, your creativity is in high gear and you are producing such creative and original works. The trees are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I haven't painted in a while though, and that needs to change. This week....

      Delete
  2. Welcome back to blogosphere! Such beautiful yarn you've been working with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, happy birthday, Lisa! Hope you have a great celebration.

    ReplyDelete

Even if you are just saying Hello, I always love hearing from you :)