Saturday, August 2, 2014

Going's On

I wanted to take a quick moment to share with you all a few things that have been happening around here on the non-knitting front.

I've been gardening this summer, mostly just Tomatoes and Peppers, but I have a parsley plant that my aunt started for me. I nibbled a bit but haven't really used it for anything really. Well, last week I went outside to water and found these guys!
Swallowtail caterpillars

Little babies (believe it or not, this is about the size the one in the first picture was when I discovered him)

All three just hang'n out. 

My new obsession has been to check on them pretty much all the time. Watching them munch away and grow bigger. I can only hope they decide to make their chrysalis on the plant as well. 

In other news, I've been doing a lot of food experiments for my lunches the last few weeks, and with a bit of a push from some friends decided to start up again on Lisa's Tiny Kitchen. I plan to share recipes, tips, ideas and ramblings, so you should definitely stop on by! Today's post: Citrus Roasted Chicken!
 
I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend. I have to be heading off to work here soon, but it's a fun job so I'm not complaining. ;)

~Lisa

2 comments:

  1. They are soooo cute! I'm always excited to see how they're doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They stripped my parsley last night, and the one is HUGE now!

      Delete

Even if you are just saying Hello, I always love hearing from you :)