Tuesday, August 20, 2013

WIPs and FOs

Today's post is dedicated to everything I have going on right now. Multiple FO's have come off the needles lately and a few hibernating WIPs are becoming active again.


Overdyed white yarn done tyedye style with shade of green. Still a very scratchy yarn, but it worked and she seems to like them. Pattern is a modification of Jeck with a lattice diamond down the front. 

$60 skein of yarn (1200+ Yards) I purchased on impulse last year. Finally decided on a project and completely self designed. The bust ended up a bit big, so there is some sewing modification in the back but I don't care because I LOVE THIS. I almost want to submit it somewhere.....

Started last fall for Project Stash: KAL, the High Plains Drifter has been sitting in my drawer for awhile waiting to be finished. With the encouragement of My Sister's Knitter KAL I am hoping to finish it up by Sept 30 so that I can qualify for some awesome prizes (and feel good about myself). I purchased the Arroyo yarn last weekend in KC with the intention of adding it to this shawl. So far it looks great with the maroon. I am doing random stripes alternating between the 2 colors.

Speaking of Malabrigo! Me and my sister made a trip up to Kansas City last weekend for a girl's weekend. No road trip is complete without a yarn shop stop, and Yarn Shop and More was right by our motel! I managed to walk away with: Malabrigo Sock in colorway 850: Archangel, Malabrigo Arroyo in colorway 227 Volcan, and 2 skeins of Malabrigo Worsted in colorway 30 Purple Mystery. 
The sock yarn will probably be in my stash for awhile. The Arroyo is of course on my shawl. And the worsted was picked out by my sister for a Christmas/Birthday Present scarf. I promise I didn't intend to buy all Malabrigo, but it's so alluring...

Finally, anyone ever heard of Trader Joes? My good friend Ivy is always talking about them, but there are none near me. We managed to find one in KC and let me say that I am in love. This is the ultimate in amazingness for anyone trying to eat healthy and clean. I myself am starting a new "diet" based on the rules I have been reading about in The Eat Clean Diet Rule Book, which I also purchased in KC. This book is single-handedly changing the way I think about and eat my food.  I am slowly on my way to a healthier and happier me.

I hope you all enjoyed today's post, it's been awhile since I wrote anything. Life has been busy and I've been lazy. Hopefully I will start posting more soon. Until then, HAPPY KNITTING!

~Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Such great things! Those socks are wonderful and that tank looks perfect on you. Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be proud of that top. It is adorable! I love your new yarn; such great fall colors. Ah, Trader Joe's. What is weird about that place is that some of the food is so healthy and others are the edible devil!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your socks and top are fantastic! The top looks perfect on you:)
    Isn't Trader Joe's amazing:) If you get there in November/December they have the most evilly delicious salted caramels. I bought 2 boxes and they lasted almost no time at all.

    ReplyDelete

Even if you are just saying Hello, I always love hearing from you :)