Wednesday, February 27, 2013

WIP Wednesday: Halfsies!

This week's post is dedicated to halves. As in, every project I have is half done. 

Let's start with those socks. I finished sock number one over the weekend and have since started sock 2. Although I don't really know when it will get done, with school work, it's on the top of my list. Isn't the color just amazing? I love how it pools. I do wish you could see the pattern a bit more, but beggars can't be choosers. I can't wait to see how sock 2 comes out. 


The next halfsie is something I haven't talked about lately on my blog, but I really want to get done. My Dragonflies sweater that I started at the end of my school break. I just finished the 2nd repeat of the body pattern before I cast on those socks. I tried it on and it fit PERFECT. I really really want this bad boy done, I wish I would stop getting distracted by my other projects. And don't forget life. Life is important too. 

Bad photo -- my camera hates this sweater!

Mom's Christmas gift is literally half way done. Exactly 40 out of the 80 inches it needs to be. I've been knitting on it at Wildflower knit nights, because it's my only "Wildflower yarn" project right now. She'll get it by next Christmas haha. It's practically a blanket, it keeps me really warm when I work on it. 


Finally, I should probably just classify this one as "in hibernation" because I haven't touched it since December. The Autumn shawl I started for a KAL with Evelyn at Project: Stash. I had been working on it before figure class last semester, but then the yarn got all tangled and I just have had nothing but grief with it. I wish I didn't have so many issues, because it's MALABRIGO! Ugh. But to prove that it fits today's theme, I pulled it out for this photo to find myself HALF WAY through a row. Wow...shows how much I care about this one.


I'm half way through a lot of other things right now. A collaborative spinning project with Ivy; a painting; an interesting drawing experiment. The list could go on and on. Why do I keep doing this to myself? I've been having trouble focusing lately. Oh the joys of being a senior.

~Lisa

And don't forget Tami's Amis :)

5 comments:

  1. Everything looks wonderful! I love when my projects get to the half way point that means I'm almost done:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty speedy work on those socks! And your sweater is looking really nice, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well between 2 snow days and your amazing pattern, what do you expect :P

      Delete
  3. You have so many awesome projects going on right now, I'm not sure how you can resist any of them. I'm definitely the most excited about the Dragonfly sweater, it is going to be a masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me laugh - I do that too ... a little bit here and little bit there - it's a challenge!
    By the way - Russian Fudge/German Short rows. Just so you don't get confused :)

    ReplyDelete

Even if you are just saying Hello, I always love hearing from you :)