Friday, August 31, 2012

Hey Look, an Update!

I don't know if it's school, lack of motivation, or that fact that I am just bored, but lately updating this blog for me just hasn't been all that fun, or on top of my priorities list. I LOVE hearing from all of you and reading and  commenting on your blogs, but for some reason updating is just a hassle lately. Finding things to talk about is SO HARD!

So even though it's supposed to be FO Friday, I am going to show you all of my WIP's.

First off are the socks you have seen who knows how many times. They probably have about 3 or 4 more pattern repeats before the cuff, just because I want them rather long. I am so slow working on these! I have so much else to do and they are just taking a back seat.


Next is my mom's wrap, which I have finished the first pattern repeat for. Luckily for me it's just 10 rows over and over and over. Unlucky for me it's just 10 rows over and over and over. This thing is going to get boring, I can tell.


Finally, I have been on the rocks with my painting class for the last 2 weeks, switching project ideas literally every class period.  My teacher has been a great help and together we decided that I am going to KNIT MY STILL LIFE! Basically, remember this painting from last year?

Zoomed in Corrugated Paper

I am going to be doing similar works, but with all white knitted objects instead of corrugated paper. This is what I have knit so far.  It's going alright, but knitting the still life is actually a bit dull. Like I always say, the second knitting become work I don't want to do it anymore. Anyone else feel that way?

Won't be arranged this way for the painting, just what I have.

I hope the week has been good to you all. It's been pretty good to me. I finally nailed down a studio schedule for my self and I really hope I am able to keep it.up.

 Finally, I am leaving you with the super doctor card I made the guy I like. He is taking his MCATs (Tests for med-school) tomorrow and I wanted to give him a gift from me and my friends. So they all signed this super awesome card I designed (and when I gave it to him, he said he'd have to get it framed lol).

Yes, I have it BAD for this guy....
Happy Friday!

~Lisa


3 comments:

  1. Haha, the things we do for crushes! And I think a knitted still life is a really cool idea. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the knitted still life is really taking shape, I think that it will be well worth the effort you put into it. That card is just the cutest thing ever, I know I've told you that before, but it really is. I hope his test goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the finished still life !

    ReplyDelete

Even if you are just saying Hello, I always love hearing from you :)