Monday, July 25, 2011

Yet another distraction from my school work

Well what can I say, between summer school, work, preparing to move, and knitting, I've been pretty busy. So why take up a new hobby? I don't know. But I went to Wicked Stitch this last weekend and purchased my first real drop spindle and now it's all I can think about. The picture below is the 'before'. It's purple and black roving I purchased back in April when I first learned on my CD and dowel rod.


And here is my spindle, my baby, my new found obsession. I'm so excited about this because I am achieving such thin strands (What I want) and it looks SO pretty!

And here's a close up of my work in progress. Once I spin a lot more I'll spin 2 strands together to make real yarn.


And here's my first batch on my new spindle, that I wound off the spindle to make more room. This is a little bit thicker than the above, but it was also my first.

I really don't know why I keep giving myself more to do, I mean school starts in four ish weeks and then I'll be crazy busy, without getting my knitting/spinning obsession involved. Put them in the mix, and it means no life for me! At least I'll be with my friends in our apartment so I'll see them.

I think that's all for now! Time to do some homework and then tackle some more spinning.

~Lisa







No comments:

Post a Comment

Even if you are just saying Hello, I always love hearing from you :)