Saturday, August 13, 2011

Proof that summer is coming to an end.


School starts up the 22nd. Wow. I can't believe it at all. Where did the summer go? I don't know, but I didn't realize it was this soon until I FINALLY finished my summer mega project. The Make Up Your Mind Tanktop. I didn't think I could do it, but I did. And I took pictures along the way. No need for explanations here.

The yarn was Classic Elites Yarns Premiere, and it took 4.5 skeins (I still have 1.5 left...). Knitted on size 5 knit picks circular needles over the course of about 2.5 months.


Step 1: Cast-on.

Step 2: Ribbing along the bottom followed by cellular stitch band.

Step 3: Checkerboard band.

Step 4: (Crappy phone picture): Linen rib stitch.

Step 5: Hindu Pillar Stitch Band followed by Lace Rib band

Step 6: Bind off for arm holes and continue in Lace Rib.

Step 7: Continue, bind off for front and back and finish!


The end result after steam blocking. I really love how it turned out. Yes, I look a bit pudgy in this picture, but that's not the point. There are some mistakes, but who cares, it was a great learning experience and I'm so glad I got to spend my summer knitting this fabulous work of art! I can't wait to tackle my next top!

I hope everyone had a great summer like I did! One more week.

~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Even if you are just saying Hello, I always love hearing from you :)